Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 112

    Twas the night before Christmas

    24 Disember 2023, Scotland ⋅ 🌬 6 °C

    This morning we woke up to a much better than average sleep considering that we were in a shared room again!

    The two of us rolled out of bed and had some breakfast before checking out of our hostel and into a different one. They were about 200 metres away from each other, which was great. But they were also about 200 stairs away from each other... Less great!

    We eventually got there and checked in our bags and explored the place before chilling a little bit before going out to tour the Edinburgh vaults, which are a series of chambers built under the arches of the city's South Bridge. These vaults were originally intended to be used for storage for businesses in the late 1700s. Though it wasn't long before it was taken over by less desirable people.

    The tour was great, after we were done with it we walked to the Greyfriars Kirkyard, which is a graveyard that surrounds a nice church. One of the notable things about it is that J K Rowling apparently got inspiration for some of the names in Harry Potter here. (Such as Tom Riddle)

    The graveyard is also known for the grave of a good boi (dog) called Greyfriars Bobby, a renowned puppy that lived in the 1850s. It was heartwarming seeing a pile of sticks in front of his (impressively large) grave even over 150 years later!

    After this we got ourselves a delicious hot chocolate and walked around a little longer, before going back to the hostel to properly check in.

    Things were quiet for the rest of the afternoon, until we excitedly ordered ourselves our dinner: an Asian munchie box. This is basically a box full of Asian/UK fusion food. There's spring rolls, lemon chicken, chips, fried rice, and probably even more. All of it coated in a really nice seasoning. Is it Asian cooking? No. Is it UK cooking? No. Is it healthy? God no. Was it delicious? Yes. Are we overfull and had to throw a bunch out? Also yes...

    Step count: 13.1k
    Baca lagi