Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 111

    All aboard!

    December 23, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ 🌬 11 °C

    We said goodbye to Bath, jumped in our uber and headed to Bristol before the sun rose this morning. In Bristol we jumped on a train and spent the next 7 hours on it.

    The train ride was nice and smooth, very full of people in parts but we luckily had seats reserved and the attendants were lovely and kept giving us tea and snacks.

    We finally arrived in Edinburgh, got to our hostel and dropped our bags off before heading out to explore. The buildings and area of the Old Town are stunning, it was lightly raining which really added to the mystical dreary ambiance. After a little explore we headed back to the hostel to relax a bit before going out later. I haven't missed shared dorms, this one smells like a sweaty musty locker room.

    We then headed out after the sun set to explore the city after dark and also as we had booked to go see Edinburgh Castle 'Castle of light', which is exactly as it sounds, the castle has a light show. This was pretty impressive, as was the views of the city and the Christmas market we had visited.

    We concluded the night with some Scottish favourites, haggis (the filling in the style of a chiko roll), deep fried pizza and a deep fried mars bar.

    Step count: 18k
    Read more