Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    And relax

    September 6, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    We had a well deserved down day today. After speaking to our mechanic about the electric hook up, he gave us a pointer to check which gave Gary the brainwave he needed to solve the problem. Hallelujah! Commence the charging of all the things while we can.
    Found a little beach to the west of us, recommended, so went there for the morning (Playa de La Rijana). Nice to hang out, swim, read and just generally bake. Was a beautiful little cove, getting busy when we left but although the water was crystal clear, there was a layer of wood chips/twigs and general detritus to wade through before we got to the clear section. I’m guessing run off from the recent storm. So we swam about for a bit and as Gary had his goggles, we could see loads of fish under the water. We will be buying a snorkel soon as. I did get stung by a little jellyfish on my wrist. Saw a couple of them then so bailed out sharpish. The sting was just like being stung by a wasp, bit sharp for a bit, it dissipated leaving a red mark which then went after an hour or so. Much rather that than being chomped by mosquitoes. We spent a few hours here then went to Motril to do some shopping and give the solar panel a good charge as we’re parked under trees at the campsite so no juice there. Nothing much to report there other than temperatures up to near 30 degrees so coming and going from the air conditioned shops was quite refreshing.
    Back to the campsite for a swim at our beach then perused the local Knick knacks shop looking for a few essentials - inflatable ring, van stickers, olives, that kind of thing. Made dinner at the van, went for a walk then more next day planning which will consist of slowly moving eastward along the coast.
    Read more