Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Three countries, one day

    September 27, 2023 in Austria ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Getting packed up to leave and we noticed some hot air balloons flying over. On further inspection there were half a dozen arcing over the site coming from beyond the mountains coming in to land just behind us. What a beautiful view they must have had. One landed particularly close to our site - I’m assuming they’re a bit tricky to control? Great to watch though. Something calming about it.
    We headed off on our trek to Austria passing through Liechtenstein on the way just to cross off another country.
    Alex and Lucas called so they crossed the first border of Liechtenstein with us, quite exciting but turned out to be underwhelming. Barely a sign, just a couple of flags. We entered to the south at Balzers, stopped to shop at the Spar in Triesen then exited Liechtenstein border over the Rhine back in to Switzerland covering probably a quarter of the country in less than half an hour! We traveled a little further up then entered Austria and on to our campsite. There’s still a few mountains visible but getting to the end of the alps now. We stopped in Bregenz town, the very west of Austria. Just traveled over 3000 miles now! Quite a big campsite with donkeys and goats. Bit of down time today for a change so managed to get some washing done and catch some rays. Farmers bird scarer going off regularly. Thought we were being shot at at first! Went for a quick sunset walk to the local lake - a 63km natural Lake Constance (Bodensee) that is surrounded by Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Liechtenstein. Of course, where there’s water, there’s mosquitos so we didn’t hang about. We’ve not been able to sit out much in the evenings sadly as it’s either been too cold but mostly because of mosquitos. We already have a plan for the next day so nice to not having to be sorting that. To Bavaria!
    Read more