Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 16

    Back in Wales

    2 mei, Ierland ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Up bright and early to catch the ferry from Dublin. At the port, we watched a man trying to get his motorbike bump-started firstly with one man pushing then one of the staff chipped in to help to running back and forth. They got it going though so he could board the ferry. Hope he got it going the other end. It was literally plain sailing on the ferry, a spot of brekkie which was pretty good and just hanging out.
    Arrived to Holyhead around lunch time and headed on to Portmeirion, a village on the coastline commissioned and built by a Welsh architect taking 50 years finishing in the 70s. It’s a colourful looking village, quite quirky perching on a cliff face surrounded by woodland and the sea/golden beach. We took a walk around all of it. Was quite interesting. You have to pay for entry to the village, it’s all private and you can also stay in the many apartments there.
    Headed on to a supermarket then on to Snowdonia National Park to our campsite. Beautiful mountain range views again on the journey. Nice remote campsite with the view of the mountains. Hoping to climb Snowdon but the weather isn’t looking hopeful. No point if you can’t see anything/where you’re going. We’ll decide in the morning. Settled down for the night. No lighting around so literally pitch black outside. Our hat lights have been very handy.
    Meer informatie