Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    NYC in the rain - Day 1

    May 12, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    It was our first day here and everyone was very tired, my brother Travis and I got up at 11am, which is really late. Everyone then got ready and ate breakfast.

    We then we got a hotel taxi to the subway. We bought a ticket for the subway, when we got on the train it was super full of people and it took about 3 minutes to get to Grand Central Station.

    When we got off, we then checked out the rest of the subway and there was this beautiful old room with so much detail.

    We then went out into the city that never sleeps and we went to lots of shops where we looked at shoes, shirts and jumpers and more shoes for Travis. It was pouring with rain and the rain soaked through our raincoats!

    Everyone was super hungry so we were going to get cupcakes at a famous cupcake store called Magnolia Bakery but there was nowhere in the shop to sit! So instead we went to find another cafe and found a nice french one, we got yummy egg sandwiches and I got a yummy Citron tart :p.. We stayed a while to dry off a bit and had a hot chocolate to warm us up.

    When we left we where all pretty tired we went past Trump tower which had a lot of security around it. Then we went into a Nike shop, it was called Niketown and was a flagship shop so was really fancy. Which Ii thought was a bit boring everyone, as we were all very tired, we then decided to call it a day and went back to our hotel and got a large pizza for dinner. We thought the pizza would not be that big, it was SO big, I could only just eat a full piece then we stayed up till 10 pm and then went to sleep.
    Read more