Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Kalaloch Campground

    August 3, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌫 17 °C

    After a busy, but successful first day of travel yesterday, today is going to be a lazy beach day here on the ocean. I had planned for us to go into the Hoh Rainforest area to do a bit of hiking, however, it will cost us almost $100 CA to do so. We learned that already yesterday when we were going to visit the hot mineral pools at Sol Duc. This area is very much like Long Beach so don't really feel like spending that much although I'm sure it's very beautiful.

    The kids have been fantastic. Yesterday, we did a grocery shop together in Port Angeles. They all picked out some of their favourite snack and drink items. Everyone helped carry the groceries back to the trailer and then load them into the coolers and trailer. On arrival at the campsite, they all willingly pitched in to help setup camp.

    The kids all played Gubs while I read Al Gores new book, which I got from Laura. Dinner was also a team effort with Jaden doing a beef and veggies stirfry, Aaron setting up the table and Emma boiling the rice.

    The day ended with a walk to the beach to watch the sunset through the smoky horizon and we all played hearts before heading to bed.
    Read more