Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Magical Malibu

    August 22, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    We arrived in Malibu on Saturday from Ventura. We didn't have much time to explore the area after our arrival but we did follow a trail leading from our campground down to the ocean beach and went for a swim before dinner. After dinner we played some ping pong in the games room.

    Sunday we drove the short distance into Santa Monica. We started with a nice walk along the amazing sandy beach to the famous pier. From there up the hill to the shopping promenade where the kids bought a few more items of clothing. We had an excellent lunch at The Crepe Cafe located in the heart of the action along the promenade. After a little more shopping we walked back to our truck and got into our swim gear. The sand and sea were incredible! Huge area of nothing but fine sand. The water was very warm. We then returned to the campground to make dinner.

    Monday we drove to Six Flags Magic Mountain Amusement Park. Huge area with 16 roller coasters alone! Longest ride in NA, highest loop and all sorts of claims to fame. Not for me, but the rest of the family sure loved them. I was happy with The Scrambler and The Justice League where I got to ride a flying vehicle and shoot a laser gun at The Joker and other evil villains threatening to destroy Metropolis.

    Today was our last day in Malibu. We drove down to Venice Beach to experience the boardwalk and spend a relaxing time on the beach. You hear a lot about Venice Beach and we weren't disappointed. All kinds of eclectic people and shops on the boardwalk and another beautiful California beach.
    Read more