Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Exploring Zagreb

    September 14, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Today was a day to wander about and take in some of the many historical sights in Zagreb. But first, we wanted to experience one of the many bakeries near our room, so we stopped to enjoy a coffee and pastry for breakfast. It was located right across from well known, Ban Jelacic Square.

    Afterwards, we headed to the Upper Town area. On the way we passed through the Dolac open air fruit and veggie market. We walked along historic Tkalciceva Street, which is one of the oldest streets in the area. And then we went to the City of Zagreb museum.

    We spent a couple of hours there looking at artifacts dating back several centuries in the city’s long history. The museum is well organized and takes you on a journey through time from distant past to present.

    From the museum we we walked on to view several more landmarks including Zagreb Cathedral and St. Marc’s Church. Unfortunately, those two attractions are both under renovation right now. So we could only view them from the distance and unfortunately, some sections were also obscured by scaffolding.

    Following a short rest break at our apartment, we walked back to the Upper Town area to view The Stone Gate and follow some streets we missed earlier. We then picked up meals to go and headed back to our room to eat, relax and get ready for the next leg of our trip. We are getting up early to catch a train to Split.
    Read more