Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Zagreb to Split

    September 15, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We said an early morning goodbye to Zagreb and boarded the 7:03 train to Split. We had breakfasts and lunches made and we picked up coffees at the train station. The trip was enjoyable with lots of nice scenery to keep us interested on the six hour journey. We had a table with our seats so we could play some cards as well as eat our meals in comfort.

    It was only a short, 15 min walk from the train station in Split to our apartment. Zoran, the owner, met us nearby and proudly showed us to his newly renovated property. Absolutely beautiful (see photos)! And, located right in the heart of the action. After a little rest, we packed up all our dirty clothes and took them to a laundry just down the street to get cleaned. We paid a bit extra to have it all done for us, including washing, drying and folding! We’ll be picking it up at 7:30 tonight.

    We were keen to do some walking after the long train ride so after dropping off our clothes and picking up some groceries we started touring Split. We decided to follow the promenade along the coast and see what the beach area looked like. There were a few sandy sections but mostly it was just a sea wall where you could put down your towel and access the water if you wanted to go for a swim.

    We walked a few kilometres before heading back along a slightly different direction to find a takeout dinner to bring to our apartment. We look forward to seeing more of this historical coastal town tomorrow.
    Read more