Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    A Long Train Ride

    September 19, 2023 in Hungary ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Went all the way from Split, Croatia to Budapest, Hungary today! However, had the train from Split to Zagreb been on time we would’ve had an hour and a half to stretch our legs and go out and get some food and drink in Zagreb for the second leg of the trip. However, the train arrived almost an hour late and we had no time, but to find our way to the next train. Luckily, we still had some bread left over from lunch that we could eat for dinner. And, Laura had a bit of water left in her bottle so we didn’t die of thirst.

    The train trip from Zagreb to Budapest didn’t go entirely smoothly either. Not too much after we had started, we learned that there was a problem with the track and that we would have to all get off the train and board buses, and then get back on another train to complete our journey to Budapest. So, as a result our arrival in Budapest was almost 30 minutes later than scheduled. We did get lucky though. Tom, the son of the owners of the apartment, in which we were staying, made contact and offered to pick us up from the train station. That was fantastic because we didn’t arrive in Budapest until 10:30 pm.
    Read more