Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Downtown Cancún

    May 3, 2021 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Cancún knowledge bragging: the zona hotelieras 15 miles of sand is in the shape of a 7. Yeah, that’s it actually...

    Today was a trip planning day, I sat in front of the laptop for 5 hours straight trying to figure out where we go next, what to do there and more stuff. Don’t know how it worked out to be honest but we’re gonna find out the next few days and weeks.
    We went out for lunch (combo menu ca 80pesos, Horchata, Pescadillas, Taco and Ceviche) and found a nice local restaurant “las pecadillas” next to las palapas. That’s a big market stand thingy - I think we’re gonna go there another evening to find out what the fuss is about :)
    After doing some more planning stuff we went for a stroll to find out in what kind of area we’re actually living but Cancún is pretty boring to be honest. Even when asking the Uber drivers what to do around here they only recommended some restaurants going to the beach with beer... sounds nice but I was actually expecting more adventurous stuff to do.
    So the neighborhoud seems kinda artsy and there’s cute restaurants around in every corner but the best part was to stand in front of a Flamboyán tree (which conveniently is the name of the street we’re living in) and having a dog bark at us... you ask yourself why? Because then this dude came out of the house and just showed us around the neighborhood. He told us what to do, let me pet his very, very, very shy dog (definitely the best part: beautiful mix) and invited us over for beer tomorrow.
    After that I went grocery shopping: ALONE! First time walking out all alone without Carl next to me. Feels weirder than doing it in Germany but it’s gonna be alright, I just have to get used to it.
    I can recommend Coco on Disney+ - it’s really good and colourful. Unfortunately English subtitles are a must for me :(
    Read more