Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 59

    Back for a bit in Roma

    July 7, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Before and after Napoli we stayed in Rome. We saw Charlie and Dash - our close friends from high school and who are travelling during uni holidays. We saw a little cat shelter while with them and got dinner at a that was close but far enough away from the Colosseum that it was a more local restaurant.

    After Napoli we came back and stayed at Pietro’s while he was away and also spent a night at Sara’s Nonna’s. We looked after his cat. His cat is a diva. It woke us up at 5am and it’s meows sounded like it was dying. We have a deep love for this cat but we absolutely despise it. It has huge yellow eyes that stare deep into your soul. I went to the bathroom and had to wash my hands in the kitchen because it wouldn’t get out of the bathroom sink. We do miss it now we are gone though.

    We saw Elena- another girl from school (yes everyone is currently in Europe- we ran into two girls we knew completely by accident on the street). She is Italian too and Sara grew up with her. We went to a swimming pool to see her and it was so nice to do some laps and be in the water.

    We walked into a musical one night and watched for a bit and then I have added a photo from when we were in Rome at the start of our trip and Elisa Blu did our makeup. Then there are also some pictures of her trying to kill us last night. Io morta !

    I’ve also put in a FaceTime screenshot with Rusty who I miss a lot.

    The heat in here has been insaneee. We thought we were just being weak until we heard Pietro tell us that it’s the hottest Rome has been for a hundred years. It’s 39 degrees today and some train routes were closed because of fires so it’s completely opposite here to Sydney .. you can really see how happy I am walking around with my bag. Sara caught this candid on the go.
    Read more