Satellite
  • Day 76

    Luz

    July 24, 2022 in France ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    So you can only add 10 photos now to find penguins unless u buy premium. So if anyone is dying for content (not that I’ve been posting very consistently sorry) then I will be accepting donations to fund this ! Kidding. (Unless,..) I will adapt to this and maybe just post more small posts. 😬🥹

    Here is the start of my month in Luz. I caught the overnight train from Paris which this time I actually had a bed ! I was in the middle of a 3 layer bunk bed and I taught 3 of the people how to play go fish so we had a game before bed.

    Then I took the bus from Lourdes to Luz (I actually went too far and had to get picked up so have actually been to Bagues now) and the bottom right guy caught the bus too so helped me get onto the right ones as he spoke French. He was about to go on a 10 day hike alone so quite the trip.

    I am staying with Sian, Laurent and one of their sons Jaques (the other Aiden lives on campus at Sydney uni right now), and I’m sleeping in Jaques bed - he is in the attic of the hotel for August😬 but apparently this happens every year for him when Sian’s friends daughters come to stay.

    On the first day I had lunch with them at Laurent’s uncle and aunts house (Tati and Tonton) and also his dad (Papau). They were very sweet.

    Luz is so beautiful and I went to the Château (castle) that is a 20 minute walk. It’s a very cute town.
    Read more