Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 168

    Waterfall Savica

    October 24, 2022 in Slovenia ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Ponchos were the fit to see this amazing 78m waterfall next to Lake Bohinj :)))
    This is Matt - an Aussie in our hostel from Canberra who reminded me so much of Mick Dunlop iykyk. So funny - we all had the same humour so spent most of the time laughing.
    This day I hitch hiked for the first time! We caught the bus which was apparently express or something so had to walk the 4km to the other side of the lake (which we didn’t mind but Anja and I did it the day before). And it rained the whole time on and off. So ponchos were going on and off.
    Lunch spot was beautifulllll - we had packed sandwiches next to the lake :)
    Anyway we kept talking about hitching hiking and stories we had herd the whole way across the lake and then walk 2km more to still have to walk 2km to the waterfall base (and it was 20min from there) so after joking about hitchhiking this whole time I turned around and saw two cars and put my thumb out. The first guy stopped who was from Utah and gave us a lift up the hill and we went up to the waterfall with him and then he also gave us a lift all the way back down to the bus stop on the other side of the lake.
    So yes that was very fun and good it worked out. I’m excited for my future hitchhiking endeavours :) but yes this time there were 3 of us including a guy so was quite safe :)
    Read more