Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Pearl Harbor and Poke

    August 5, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Pearl Harbor - Started the day at Pearl Harbor. As part of the visit, we took a boat out to a memorial that floats directly above the sunken battleship USS Arizona, the final resting place for over 1000 US marines and sailors. Overall it was very informative and moving.

    Manoa Falls - Located in the rainforest Koolau mountains. The hike up to the falls wasn’t nearly as terrifying as yesterday’s but just as beautiful. It reminded both of us of the Cloud Forest in Ecuador. Amy and her rule-following nature didn’t let me swim in the lake where the falls emptied into like the other tourists. Classic Hufflepuff. After reading more about the falls, the reason this isn’t allowed is due to high risk of contracting leptospirosis. I guess that’s a good rule. Thanks, Amy.

    Food Festival on the Beach - Ended the night with more relaxation on the beach and enjoying a street festival. Our Lyft driver earlier in the day cursed the festivals and swore they made one up every weekend just to close roads. But he also gave us the tip of hitting up Da Bald Guy’s food truck. Apparently he’s been on a few Food Network shows and the food didn’t disappoint.

    Off to the North and East coasts tomorrow for our last full day in Hawaii.
    Read more