Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Welcome to Jurassic Park

    August 6, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Leonard’s Bakery - famous for their malasadas, similar to a doughnut but crispier and chewier, since 1952. Great way to start the day.

    Nu’uanu Pali lookout - stopped here on the drive North. More amazing views of the island. Apparently a war took place here, where the winning side pushed the defeated soldiers off the side of the cliff. Yikes.

    Byodo-In Temple - replica of the 950 year old temple in Uji, Japan created to commemorate the the 100 year anniversary of the first Japanese immigrants to Hawaii in 1968.

    Macadamia Farm - stopped by this farm here to grab some snacks. Cinnamon and coffee coated macadamia nuts were the best.

    Kualoa Ranch - tour to view the sets and props of several shows and films, including the Jurassic Park/World series, Lost, Pearl Harbor, Jumanji, George of the Jungle, Kong Skull Island and Godzilla. So surreal and immediately places you in Jurassic Park.

    Finished the evening off at a few more beaches. Hurricane Dora is on the way but is projected to just miss Hawaii. We’re starting to feel the effects of it - much windier today and the waves are huge.

    Off to Sydney, Australia tomorrow! Hoping Dora doesn’t f with our flight.
    Read more