Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Day 3

    August 20, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Ben woke up to the tour guide saying “Guess who’s driving Truck 4 today, mate? You are”. Okay then. Probably related to one of the Germans nearly flipping us over yesterday afternoon. One of the Irish girls said our car motto is now “In Ben We Trust”. This company does take safety seriously, though, thankfully. Reviews for some of the others seem to indicate otherwise.

    Last night was very cold, but otherwise great weather. Packed up and cleaned camp early and we’re off. Stopped a few places along the way before getting on the ferry back to Rainbow Beach.

    Lake Carawongera - small lake inland. Surrounded by ti-trees and the oils seep into the lake. Calming and beautiful.

    Driving back to Brisbane, hopefully before dark. Ben has had plenty of driving practice the last 3 days. Hot shower, non-instant coffee, and a clean bed will be nice. Can’t complain about the food for the most part though - stir-fry, burgers, sausages, bacon, hash browns, pancakes, hot chicken sandwiches, and Amy’s fav, hot baked beans.

    The majority of the crew are off on a 14 hour night bus. Some weren’t thrilled when we mentioned our flight here was less than 2 hours and pretty cheap, but ah, they’re still super young.
    Read more