Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Classic cars and good music

    May 21, 2018 in France ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Saturday evening we stayed at the 3 pigeons at Chenay about 60 miles west of Limoges which was close to our friends Derek and Jan who we met on Sunday morning and joined them on a classic car club run to a park. Almost everyone in the run was English and two of the drivers were also musicians so out came an accordion and a hurdy gurdy.
    Here is a link to a short video of the English man playing accordion https://youtu.be/nAfQNVXzx4s
    Here is a link to Brian explaining how the Hurdy Gurdy works https://youtu.be/nB55PeIWSpw
    Sunday night we stayed with Derek and Jan. We admired his classic car collection and then enjoyed a lovely barbecue. Whit Monday is national holiday so no trucks on French roads. The day started sunny so we asked the sat nav to take us to St Emilion in the heart of the Bordeaux wine region and over lunch checked for places not too far away because although warm it got overcast and threatened thunder in the afternoon We found a room in a old chateau vineyard where the owner insisted on moving his car out of the garage come wine store for us to park Blubelle. Finding a place to eat in a national holiday was tricky but we found a really nice pizzaria which also offered some of the nicest wine I have had in a long time.
    Tomorrow we should enter Spain.
    Read more