Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Ula Tirso. Sardinia

    June 27, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Very little driving today.
    We went to explore the disused old dam about 8km out of town. It was closed to walkers but we can't read Italian so we walked across. The water was high on both side so there must be a new dam further down which we found in Google maps the but it was hydro electric and we couldn't get anywhere near it. The old dam has a cafe dedicated to it on the road which has a drawing of what it looked like. You'll see it in the photos.

    Then we went to the town which is 5 minutes down hill (or ten minutes in second gear going up) which was unspoilt and very pretty. We had cold drinks and I left Mandy near the church and came back to the Agritourisma hotel to check where to go tomorrow At agreed time I returned and parked under a tree while she worked on her painting.

    Back at the hotel Mandy started another painting and I washed the car for the first time since UK then went for a walk around the farm and found two abandoned cars, one of them is a Porsche.
    I've booked tomorrow's hotel which wasn't easy as the one I wanted showed full so I phoned them and they said ok. More about that in tomorrow's post.
    Now we are waiting to go for the evening meal. We have starved since breakfast as yesterday was 3 antipasta then home made pasta then a main course if what we think was veal then home made desert all accompanied with lovely red wine then home made liqueur. I haven't a clue how much it cost. We'll find out in the morning.
    Read more