Satellite
  • Day 9

    9/11 Memorial and Carmine's with Aldo!

    March 29, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Craig and I had breakfast in our room and then we all walked up to Madam Tussards to get our New York Pass bus tickets. Had to wait for ages for the bus because of a funeral of a firefighter, which had closed a number of blocks. Eventually, we made it downtown to the Wall Street area. It is very, very cold. We had a look at the Stock Exchange building and the BULL. There are always plenty of people taking photos there!! Next, we walked and found a coffee and muffin. Then we made it to the 9/11 Memorial which was absolutely spectacular. Loved seeing that. Too crowded to line up for the museum but seeing it was most worthwhile.
    More walking and eventually had lunch at another food hall type place. Very tasty sandwich!

    Getting back home took ages with the bus but we did see all along the east side. By then we were exhausted so Craig, Louise and I went to Macy’s, which was fun. Craig bought some lovely shirts (2) and also some white tee shirts. Macy’s gave us an extra 10% off on sale items. Back home for a needed rest. Tonight we took a limousine all the way out to Broadway and 90th (uptown) and… went to Carmine’s with Aldo and Helene. It was a huge Italian restaurant, with great atmosphere, pasta, salad and veal scallopini and great Cheesecake. The wine was great. It was hilarious because I believe they celebrated over 10 birthdays and every time we heard a very loud singing of Happy Birthday. Late home with taxis but a great finish to the day.
    Read more