Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Paris Day One

    March 31, 2023 in France ⋅ 🌬 14 °C

    Landed at 10pm Thursday evening in Paris after a 13 hour flight. After being awake for nearly 24 hours we were all fairly delirious - which was made all the better when our Airbnb host outsourced the key handover / intro to a neighbour who I think was drunk - at least that would explain why he managed to partly open the wrong house for us. Lucky the real owners were home and had bolt locked the door.

    Finally got to bed at midnight and slept until 5am. Which is now 3 days straight in 3 different countries I’ve woken up at 5am and not been able to get back to sleep. But always 5am in the local Timezone. Bizarre. With only 2 nights until the mara I will definitely need a good night sleep soon.

    Today we started slowly, did some work and then headed by train into the mara expo. It wasn’t as slick as NY but still had a warehouse full of running merch. Managed to restrain ourselves and just get one t-shirt and a hoody each. The free gift was a running back pack.

    Then caught a bus from there to the Champs De Mars and picked up some baguettes - and onto the Eiffel Tower.
    Took a lot of photos of the tower, very original.

    Walked from there through to the Arc de Triumph which was spectacular- mostly for the random road rules everyone seems to use to navigate this massive roundabout. We sat by the Champs De Élysées and watched the chaos unfold. I hope there is a live YouTube channel of this - I’d watch it for hours.

    Caught another bus from there back to the house - and right now I’m trying not to fall asleep too early while Krissi is off shopping for supplies.

    Kids are cactus, but hopefully a quiet evening does the trick.
    Read more