Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Paris Day Two

    April 1, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Ridiculous sleep - woke up every 2 hours. I hope that’s the end of the jet lag for this trip.

    Started the day with a 4km jog through the Batignolles park to remind my legs how to run. Good to get a cold run in after the summer of training in Adelaide.

    Picked up 2 baguettes from a bakery on the way home from the Batignolles and I’m proud to say I managed to complete the entire transaction in French …….while holding up two fingers and pointing at the baguettes I wanted. But I’m sure it was my French that got the job done!

    Caught a bus to the Gallery Lafayette which was actually recommended by an old work contact on an Instagram post.

    The Gallery is a 6 story shopping centre with a rooftop view of Paris. There is one building for menswear and another entire building dedicated to women’s clothes, perfume, souvenirs etc. This was high end shopping at its best - thankfully we only window shopped and I spent just as much time keeping an eye on the score in the Showdown. Go Crows.

    Stopped for lunch in a food court next door which was really a collection of quality mini restaurants and bakeries. Like Singapore, food court food in Paris rivals restaurant food in Australia.

    Then made our way to a Westfield shopping centre - so Ben could play a Piano he found online. We got there and 3-4 other random teenage French boys also had the same idea and Ben immediately struck up a friendship as they each took it in turns playing. He was buzzed afterwards.

    Finished the afternoon wandering the streets along with thousands of other tourists. Paris on Saturday is busy. Damn busy.

    Stopped for some photos at the Pyramid on top of the Louvre. Tickets are sold out for the Louvre museum for weeks - so we’ve missed out on that unfortunately.

    Finished the day prepping for the marathon tomorrow and finally resting our legs. I’ve done nearly 18000 steps today which wasn’t the plan.

    But we are in Paris - can’t waste the limited time we are here.
    Read more