Satellite
  • Day 144

    Salento

    September 15, 2018 in Colombia ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    A lovely little mountain town which has the biggest palm trees in the world!
    I stayed a nice boutique hostel built in an old farm house, met some lovely people!
    Yesterday we went and did the main little walk around the area which has the big ol palm trees. You get jeeps most places, this wasn’t any different. A lot of them here are Willys Jeeps, so you are driven around, effectively, in classic cars. On the way back, we got in a small one, two in front, four in back, but in true Latin fashion, there ended up be 11 of us, 4 riding in the back.
    The day before was nice and chilled. Three of us went and did a small coffee tour where we picked he cherries, skinned them, and saw the rest of the process. The tour, of course, finished with a tasting.
    The other highlight of this town was the game of Tejo. Which is basically throwing metal puck like things, called Tejo, at a mound of clay, which has a metal ring in the middle, which has gunpowder on it. Naturally, making things go bang, I was pretty good at it!
    One more highlight was a place called Brunch, which had really good food, in massive portions!!
    Tonnes of dogs knocking around too!
    Read more