Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 15

    Boracay day 3

    31 de março de 2018, Filipinas ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Woke up early enough to manage to make it down for free breakfast in the hotel. Had scrambled eggs and toast with a few random vegetables thrown in. We then walked down to the beach to find someone to organise helmet diving for us. We found a guy called Bernard who initially was telling us it cost 3500 pesos. We knew that the people from our house had paid 600 so we stood our ground and eventually he gave in. We waited on the beach for a while and then were picked up by a speed boat to take us over to a platform 5 mins away in the sea. We then waited nervously on the platform, feeling a bit apprehensive when we saw the helmets. They basically work with the same principle as when you put a glass upside down in water it traps the air. They did have oxygen tubing to pump in extra though to be fair. Eventually we were summoned to go in and I went first. You had to climb down a ladder into the water and then hold yourself there whilst they lowered the helmet on to your head. It weighs 35kg out of water but only 2kg once you’re in. Helmet on, I was then rapidly dragged down and under the water by the diver who guides you down to the bottom. At this point you can just walk around freely on the bottom! Completely surreal and amazing feeling. From here I could then start to explore amongst the fishes. Hannah and Emma got down safely too. The diver had an underwater camera and so took lots of pictures for us. Emma also had hers and so we could take extras. They gave us pieces of food to hold in our hands which attracted the fish towards you. Sometimes they nibbled your hand a bit so it was also a bit of an exfoliation. There were so many fish everywhere. There were also some patches of coral which had some really cool fish in them. There was even a nemo! Spent about 20 mins down there before being told we had to go back up which was sad!
    We went to go get lunch at a place called Hoy Panga. Their specialty was tuna but they did a variety of food. I had a seafood peanut curry thing which was beautiful. We also got cocktails so I had a lychee mojito. We then had a bit of chill time while we were waiting for Beth to arrive. Once she got here we met her on the beach and sat to watch the sunset with a couple of drinks. So nice to see her but so strange to think that we’re randomly in the Philippines together. Also met Vicky (who I already know), Ben and Sam (female) who Beth and Vicky have been bumping into around various places in Asia. We went to Nigi Nigi Nu Noos again for food and cocktails. This time I had calamari but wasn’t able to eat that much as I felt quite sick.
    We then went back to the hotel to get ready. We had decided it was extra night and so we had to get super glam outfits and make ourselves fancy. I wore a sequin dress that I had bought specially for the occasion. Beth told us to meet her at mad monkey hostel. This is a chain of hostels which are known the world over for being crazy party places! It was a fair walk from our hotel so we decided to get in a trike tuk tuk which was lucky as I don’t think we would have found it on our own. Got to mad monkey to find a scene of utter carnage. Everyone was already smashed and had obviously been drinking all day! We found Beth and Vicky and went to get drinks. When we got to the bar we found a guy who had just bought 100 rum and cokes and was handing them out to everyone! Free drinks for us then. Eventually ended up having 3 of these free ones, winner! At midnight they stopped serving so at this point we headed back to White beach to carry on the night. We were heading in the direction of Epic again but found a cool bar on the way. Here the rum and cokes were 80 pesos (so almost free, basically £1). Had a couple there and then carried on to Epic. They had a music festival night on and so it was very busy to get in. Still got 3 free drink tickets with entry though. Plenty more drinking and dancing here. At some point I ordered some shots which was a mistake. They were some kind of rum but really strong and massive shots. 3 of us ended up having to go onto the beach to vom 🙈. The night ended at 6am again, with another McDonalds (need to get back on the diet when I get to the house). All in all a great time.
    Leia mais