Satellite
  • Day 29

    El nido day 3

    April 14, 2018 on the Philippines ⋅ 🌧 11 °C

    Up at 9am to grab some breakfast ready for our booze cruise - tour Z. Got trikes into town and met the rest of the party that were coming on the boat. We were given lanyards and led towards the boat. It was a warm walk to the port. Got there to find a massive bright yellow boat with loads of side decks and equipment on it like kayaks, paddle boards, snorkels etc. We paid 500 peso each which got us unlimited alcohol while we were on the boat. Started out slow and sedate but could tell it was going to end up messy!
    The first stop was about 15 mins away. Here I decided to go snorkelling which was great! Loads of fish everywhere. I dove down to get better views and was able to get right in amongst them all! Spent about 40 mins here then back onto the boat for more drinks. Next island was a bit further away. Here I just went onto the beach with Beth, Vicky and Ben and we took a few photos. Back on the boat we had a delicious lunch with a mixture of all sorts of stuff. The next island was a sandbar island which we took a paddle board over to. Here everyone played volleyball. A few people also got stung by jellyfish! The last island I decided to snorkel again, less fish here and a jellyfish got me this time. It wasn’t too painful though. We wanted to make the most of the free drinks for the last bit and so got quite a few drinks from the bar before we headed back to the port.
    By this point we were all pretty smashed and hungry so we went to get some dinner. I had a really gross chicken burger which I literally couldn’t eat. I refused to pay for it it was that bad! After dinner we headed back to the hostel. Here I met Prachi, one of the work the world girls. She had made friends with a couple of English lads who wanted to go out - Harry and Jack. We headed into town and went to a bar called Sava which was pretty chilled sat on beanbags outside. We then went to Pukka bar which is more like a club. We had a really fun time and danced the night away.
    When we got back to the hostel we noticed something wasn’t right with Jack. He disappeared off to the toilets and was gone for ages. Harry went to find him and found him in an absolute state in the toilets. I think he had been spiked as he had only had the same amount of drinks we had and I’ve never seen anyone that bad. I ended up looking after him for a few hours until he came back round. Then I went to bed, knackered!
    Read more