Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Miami - Maurice A. Ferré Park

    August 19, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    Formerly known as Museum Park, Maurice A. Ferré Park is a public park located in downtown Miami. The 21-acre park is an excellent combination of calmness and activity, which makes it a great neighborhood park for residents and a remarkable sight for tourists.

    The park opened in 1976 and was originally called “Bicentennial Park” to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the United States. Later, it was renamed “Bayfront Park” and became a hub for a wide variety of cultural events, festivals, and concerts.

    A major renovation took place in 2010, after which the park was renamed “Museum Park.” During this renovation, a new art museum, the Pérez Art Museum Miami, and a new science museum, the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science, were constructed.

    On January 31, 2019, the park was again renamed “Maurice A. Ferré Park” to honor the former mayor of Miami, who was actively involved in the development of the park and its surroundings. Today, Maurice A. Ferré Park has become a must-visit location for locals and tourists, hosting several events throughout the year, including the annual Miami Art Week.
    Read more