Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 60

    Minnie Water, NSW

    April 19, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Definitely getting into the rhythm of packing up / setting up now on our travel days. It doesn't take long to get the inside of the van ready, and about an hour for the external stuff; dump point, cables / hoses, awning, hitching up etc.

    We enjoyed Iluka, except perhaps the final 10 minutes. The caravan park is poorly laid out, so the moment you decide to start hitching up, you block your entire row from driving out. I had checked before starting, but no one looked ready to go, or I'd have waited. Then, just as I was committed and had the van on the tow hitch and the legs away, some twonk chose to pull out of his bay, drive up, and make a point of sitting as close as he could, waiting impatiently.

    I took some small joy in waving merrily then taking my own sweet time hitching up. Oh dear, the 12 pin plug doesn't seem to be connected properly! Better get the mat out and have a good fiddle around with that for ten minutes. Better triple check the lights are working properly! Oops, left the handbrake on, better get out and fiddle about with that for a few minutes!

    Do you think it occurred to them to get out and help? Even just to speed things up?
    Of course not. Better to sit there impatiently, scowling and tutting. Aussies! Passive aggressive art thou.

    Gave Dick his car sickness tablets this morning, with high hopes. And squirted his Adaptil spray on his travelling towel, full of feel good, calming pheromones. Zero effect. $150 up the spout.

    We'll tick car sickness off the list and look into anti anxiety meds for the car next. There's a product out there called 'My Doggy Weed' which is just herbs (legal ones) that have a calming effect. Might have some explaining to do if we get stopped by the Police. Or perhaps might try Rescue Remedy for humans, if they sell it over here? That's worked well on dogs I've had in the past for the show ring.

    We love Minnie Water, so far. Tanya at Reception switched our sites last minute, aswell as giving us over a $100 discount on our original quote. Our site is spectacular, I think we're in the unpowered camping section right next to the pool, but we have a power pole. There's space for five sites, but we have it all to ourselves, as the hordes left this morning.

    Now if I could just cut the legs off the screaming children running circuits around the pool - life would be sweet! 😎
    Read more