Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    St. Augustine

    October 2, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    It was a much needed lazy Sunday.Every busy body needs a break especially after packing up your house selling your belongings and saying goodbye to friends.

    Had coffee on the verandah and Hardus spoiled us with a delicious typical American breakfast with waffles and the full shebang.

    We joined them for Church this morning. The theme of the service was about friendship and people you surround you with.
    "Do not be deceived, bad company corrupts good morals"
    Realized again how lucky we are with wonderful grounded people in our lives.

    After church I was delighted to hear Willem, their 3 year old naps between 12 and 2. Needless to say I felt recharged after a greedy 2.5 hour nap.

    We had a chilled afternoon, hanged out with the Oberholzer's and was really entertained by Willem's witty comments and time out. Later Dolf and I went to Crescent beach for a nice walk. Really surprised by the beauty. The sand felt so fine and not clingy and lots of seagulls hanging about. Roedolf was happy to rinse his feet at the shower next to the boardwalk. We were spoiled with a beautiful Florida sunset driving back over the Mantanza river.

    {Issy}
    Read more