Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Batu Caves/Hindu temple

    January 11, 2017 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    I can help feeling sorry for the hindu people. These temples are not really anything special and then the gods are all man made statues that look like something out of a Lord of the Rings movie.
    In places like this I am thankful for being a Christian, to have a living God and a savior who I can have a relationship with. A God who lives in me through the holy spirit and not in some temple building or cave.

    The best part of these caves were the dark caves, obviously I don't have many pictures to show of the dark caves, as it was to dark to take pictures thats worth anything.
    For one it was the darkest place I have experienced ever. Knowing that we were in the cave with about 200,000 bats 🦇, that you can actually hear all the time was eery . The different spiders, snakes and centipedes that you don't find anywhere else in the world was also amazing to see. Interestingly none of these creatures are very colorful because they don't need to waste energy to create colors because its so dark in the cave that no creatures can see anything anyways and they all rely on other senses to get by.

    It was extremely hot and humid day, so much so that the cave actually gave us shelter from the heat, normally caves can be quite humid but these were actually nice an cooling.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more