Satellite
  • Day 3

    Gympie

    February 7, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    One of the things we found extremely difficult while traveling is staying fit. It was easy on the cruise when we had a running track and gym for 24 days and even in Aus and NZ where you could just strap on some trainers and go run a 5 km or even gym in one of the free outdoor gyms.

    However Asia is a very very different story altogether. Running is not as easy as strapping trainers on and going for a run. 9 times out of 10, we could only run in parks as the roads has no sidewalks and even if they have sidewalks these are considered to be part of the road, like in Ho Chi Minh where bikes will literally run you over on the sidewalk. The roads are just so congested and the lack of road rules makes running on the road super dangerous.

    So every time we have accommodation with facilities like this one we make full use of the facilities and hit the gym everyday. Unfortunately the last time we had a gym was in KL so its been 20 plus days since we really did much exercise except for yoga on the beach in Koh Rong Samloem.

    We both feel unbelievably unfit and it makes us realize that we enjoy feeling fit and healthy. Thats just something we enjoy about having in our routine of normal life.

    After only 2 days in the gym it feels like every muscle in my body hates me, but a good hate. I am definitely looking forward to regular training again.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more