Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Chasing planes

    February 9, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    After cutting it fine for our Phuket flight I was delighted to fly with Thai Airways and not another cheap airline.

    Our Uber to the airport picked us up at 11.45. We left 15 minutes later than planned as we lost track of time. We thought we will still be ok. The bag drop and checkin close at 1.10pm and the flight is scheduled to depart at 2.05pm. The first 30minutes we probably only drove 5km. Traffic was a nightmare and everywhere near the skytrain stations all three lanes were like a parking lot (NOT MOVING) I started doing the math and mentioned to Roedolf if we are not on the highway by 12.30 I will start stressing (not that it helps, but there is nothing worse than the prospect of missing a flight). Luckily Roedolf managed to check us in online on his phone. Anyway with a couple of minute to spare we got on the highway and luckily the Uber driver had a clear sense of urgency to speed up like crazy. We arrived at 12.50pm. I chased to get a trolley, speed walk to find the right bag drop desk. Phew we made it with minutes to spare. After clearing security Roedolf still managed to get lunch and I got Buscopan from boots to sooth the tummy.

    Thai airways motto is smooth like silk... I felt from bag drop to the tea they served was with such great care. The staff were extremely friendly, what a pleasure to fly with them.

    {Issy}
    Read more