Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Similan nature reserve

    February 11, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    After an epic day of diving it started raining. Nobody was very keen to visit the beach on Island no 9 that was scheduled as a late afternoon activity. We don't need much encouragement... we just look at each other as everyone else declines and say its once in lifetime. Off we went on the rubber duck for a short 10 minute boat ride with two of Thai dive masters. All the day boats have left and we basically had the beach to ourselves, for a world heritage site this is pretty much unbelievable. Me and Roedolf did the little hike up to the lookout point, the plank bridges is somewhat flimsy looking, but we made it to the top barefoot and all. The scenery was out of this world, it was cloudy and about to rain again but the water was still crystal clear, a perfect canvas of emerald turquoise blue and green. You can see the reefs that attracts all the marine life. I simply just love islands, there is just always something mesmerizing about it, perhaps the mystery? perhaps the secludedness? perhaps just the blue water? But it never fails to leave me with joy and thankfulness.

    Maybe we should visit all the islands in the world ? At least we will try to? Roedolf sighs and mention the slavery involved to make this happen... a girl can dream right?

    {Issy}
    Read more