Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Last sub par accomodation

    March 2, 2017 on the Philippines ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    After spending the last 13 days in 5 star resorts and in a great Airbnb in Manila our accommodation in El Nido is a serious downer.

    The joke is its much more expensive than the Airbnb and almost as much as a 4 star in Phuket but what you get is no more than maybe a one star in my opinion.

    The conundrum in El Nido is there are just not enough accommodation, the few 4 and 5 star places are ridiculous expensive (like Bermuda hotel prices) and then there is 3 stars and below. We got a 3 star which looked great online on the fotos but in reality it quite a different story.

    Our room is about 5 steps away from the noisy street so we could hear every bike passing. The room is so small, we hardly have space to put our luggage down (we left two of our bags in Manila, image if we had all our bags). In the bathroom I can literally sit on the toilet, shower and brush my teeth at the sink at the same time. No way this is 3 star. In Vietnam we stayed in places like this and it was 1 star, there we paid nothing for it which I can accept.

    The only good thing about this room is, its noisy air conditioner as it muffles out the street sounds and keep the room a comfortable temperature which is very needed in this heat.

    O well, we are here to experience the beautiful nature and not to spend time in the room, so we will just have to focus on that, plus remind ourselves that this is the last sub par accommodation of our trip.

    At least the beautiful beach is just a short walk away.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more