Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    Day 72 ~ 23,300 Miles, Fremantle

    March 16, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 72 °F

    Day 72 ~ 23,300 Miles

    After pulling up anchor in Esperance and making a beeline to Perth, we were notified that decision was made because of the fact that Australia announced at noon that they were closing ports to foreign cruise ships and will require a 14-day quarantine upon arrival. We are being allowed entry because we have been in Australia since February 29. Whew!

    We are now safely anchored and will wait for a berth to open. The Queen Mary 2 is disembarking passengers today. Cruise ships from Crystal, Seabourn, and Costa are following closely behind us. We will pull alongside tomorrow morning and will begin the disembarkation process.

    Regent is arranging hotel rooms and transfers, both to the hotel then to the airport and will have a hospitality desk set up at the hotel. They also offered to forward up to four bags per person directly home. With tight transfers and expected long lines trying to clear Customs and Immigration in the US, we’ve decided to risk it and use the forwarding service. It’s carry-on only for us!

    We do plan to self isolate after arriving home. Thankfully, the Mariner is a clean ship but after the increased risk of 3 flights and 4 airports it’s the right thing to do.

    I hope that I have toilet paper at home. 🤪
    Read more