Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 73

    Day 73 ~ Saying Goodbye

    March 17, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 72 °F

    Day 73 ~ Saying Goodbye

    Our cruise officially ended today with our cruise card being scanned one last time and our walk down the gangway but our journey is far from over.

    Disembarking was an Event. White-gloved staff managed our carry-on bags and the crew lined the way greeting us with smiles, applause, and cheers. Looking back to the ship new friends called my name from their balconies to wave goodbye one more time.

    Australian customs was nothing more than a formality and after our reclaimed bags were safely in the possession of the luggage forwarding service we boarded the bus to head to our hotel.

    What, another unanticipated change?!? Yep. What we understood to be a night at the Crown Towers Perth has become a night at The Ritz Carlton Perth. Our rooms were ready upon arrival (before noon) and Regent provided a generous food and beverage credit, and a 6PM checkout tomorrow to accommodate our late flight schedule.

    In order to better shield each suite from hallway noise (paramount consideration given the rowdy Regent crowd) every two rooms has a private alcove entry. I eased opened the second door and the darkened interior illuminated slowly as the floor to ceiling blinds raised automatically revealing a beautiful view of Elizabeth Quay and Swan River while the room lighting magically brightened. The ensuite bath is stunningly appointed and I foresee a long luxurious bath in the soaking tub in my near future.

    Not all changes are bad.
    Read more