Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 1

    And So It Begins

    2. syyskuuta 2022, Yhdysvallat ⋅ 🌙 73 °F

    DAY 1
    STL- LA ~ 2,560 Miles

    For those familiar with this traveling trio you may not be too surprised to know that two of the trio were sound asleep prior to the plane pulling away from the gate at Lambert. Yes, I do have pictorial evidence but am choosing discretion in this moment and not posting it, although copies are available for purchase.

    For me this quiet time brings an opportunity to reflect and anticipate. This is my first flight since returning home from our abbreviated World Cruise. Have days or decades passed since the world stopped in its tracks? Previously unthought of words and habits are now seemingly part of our daily lives or are forever stamped in our memories: PPE, masking, Dr. Fauci, social distancing, quarantine, vaccinations, boosters, home testing, supply change shortages, science deniers, Zoom, etc. Thankfully my thoughts flit to the anticipation of an exciting trip!

    Japan only recently opened their borders to foreign tourists and now requires a Visa and only allows travel with a government approved tour operator. A negative PCR test is mandatory for entry as is being fully vaccinated and boosted. Masks are not optional in Japan, they are required. As tourists we are required to have an app on our phones for contact tracing and approval of our travel documents and Covid records prior to arrival.

    Restrictions yes, hoops yes. But Japan has opened their borders and I’m going to savor every moment. I remain grateful and blessed.
    Lue lisää