Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Toyako, Abuta District

    October 5, 2023 in Japan ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    No riding today as a result of rain and wet roads all day. We had a leisurely start at the hotel. Since exercise was not on the group agenda, we worked our muscles at the hotel gym, then had a fabulous breakfast of just about anything you could want at a breakfast buffet, including panna cotta and banana chocolate crepes(!).

    Our guide spotted a Frisbee golf course in town and wanted to give it a go. I was the sole taker, so off we went in the rain for a quick round. I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind trying it when we return home. I was too focused on tossing the frisbee and keeping my rainhood out of my eyes to take any pictures.

    Afterwards, we packed up to head to our next destination, Toyako. The hotel sits right on Lake Toya. The weather is overcast and rainy and doesn't lend itself to magnificent photos. I believe it would be a sight to behold in clear sunny weather. Despite the steady downpour, we took a walk on the lakeside, and the temperature was surprisingly comfortable. Maybe tomorrow the weather will clear, we'll be able to ride, and better pictures will be forthcoming.
    Read more