Satellite
  • Day 11

    Back to Hue

    July 9, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 37 °C

    Time to leave Hoi An and retrace our steps back to Hue. Our bus wasn't leaving until 1:30pm so we had plenty of time to relax and enjoy the morning. We had a leisurely breakfast and then one last wander around Hoi An for me to finish filming my video.

    It's a very pretty little town, but it's absolutely flooded with mostly Koreans and Chinese taking endless selfies and doing Instagram model poses. In the evenings it was so crowded with tourists I'd almost put it on par with Venice, though it's in a much smaller area. Not too crowded in the morning though, as most of the group tours stay in Da Nang and only come down in the late afternoon.

    Filming done, we spent the last couple of hours in the hotel and checked out at midday. Grabbed some banh mi for lunch then waited for the bus. It was another sleeping bus, though this time I was on a lower bunk and much more comfortable. It was also only half full which helped a lot.

    No sightseeing from the bus this time, we went straight through Da Nang and then took the tunnel instead of the mountain pass that we'd done a few days earlier. Four hours later we were in Hue, and checking back into the same hotel where the staff were a little puzzled!

    Had an early dinner at a pizza restaurant around the corner which was actually quite good and fairly authentic Italian style pizza!
    Read more