Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 1

    Day 5 - Wendover back to Lewknor

    10 de dezembro de 2019, Inglaterra ⋅ 🌬 0 °C

    So backwards from Wendover to Lewknor! 15mls!

    Up Bacombe Hill to Coombe Hill and the Monument and a damn fine view as it’s a sunny day ! It’s commemorating Bucks Boer war soldiers from 1904 . Down slowly through Goodmerhill woods and it’s muddy!

    Through the woods past the gateway to Chequers where PM and other politicians manage to screw things up whilst sipping champagne - curious security sign could be read as organised crime is on the inside!
    On through the woods and past Pulpit Hill and the remains of an Iron Age fort , towards Lower Cadsden and then through Whiteleaf and somewhere its chalk hill figure (missed) and ancient tumulus and good view of Princes Risborough.

    Kop hill has been used as a hill climb by drivers like Malcolm Campbell in his day and is being used again these days

    Brush Hill has view over to west and the Stokenchuch radio -tv- phone ? mast over 6 miles away .

    Pudding stone in Princes Risborough is slightly odd bit of aggregate and an old version of a mile marker they suggest.

    Up on the Grover hill is a view of Lacey Green windmill.

    Over the Saunderton railway line cutting and up to Lodge Hill and onto Chinnor . The leaves are falling .....onto the mud !!!!

    I Leave Buckinghamshire and move back into Oxfordshire
    past the deep and water filled Chinnor old chalk quarries

    Finally Under the M40 and we are back at Lewknor
    Leia mais