Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 13

    Well , an unusual day

    6 Haziran 2023, Amerika Birleşik Devletleri ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    We were hoping for a quiet relaxing day but …..
    The morning started with frustratingly not being able to obtain boarding passes! Britis Hairways strikes again ! Not by my phone and not by my kindle and not by the hotel computer ! More computer glitches ?
    Breathing in we decided to go for breakfast down on Bourbon street at the Beignet cafe in Musical legends park - an odd collection of statues of jazz greats ! Across the road is the old Absinthe house !

    The old cemetery of St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 is considered one of the most haunted cemeteries in America. This cemetery takes up a city block with 700 tombs and 100,000 graves, dating back to 1789. However to gain access you need to go on a tour - we bulk at the cost and head to Armstrong Park for more jazz statues and the Congo Square - ancient First Nation and then slave bartering centre!
    We walk back for a coffee at the hotel and get more frustrated on the computer ! Weird! My sister in law offers to try on her phone and it works first time - weird- and we have sorted our boarding passes !
    Now I am chilled so decide since we have to take the car out we might as well drive across town to ancient tree of life - it’s old c 1740 and very big and impressive ! Then we manage the modern maze paths .
    It’s still only mid day so I propose a trip across the river to see the bayou and have lunch at Bouttes bayou .
    Then it gets weird …. It’s a tropical storm …. It’s raining very very heavily and the streets are flooding ! Now we know what flash floods look like ! We get out of the road to the bayou and cut to the airport !
    We’re very early but we’ve deposited the car !
    And then the Britis Hairways flight is delayed ! Snafu !
    We will get home some time ! It’s been a grand tour !
    Okumaya devam et