Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 7

    7 Bariloche road day

    12 november 2023, Argentinië ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    A day on road and we cross into Argentina ! It was a quiet night for some of us, great views of the volcano and a good bed - the kids were out with the karaoke til 3am . It’s a sunny day driving the tree lined valleys with mountains up there covered in cloud or snow . It’s a quieter bus as a consequence of sleepers or readers or music. We wait for the flavour of border crossing inspection as we travel up in scenery reminiscent of the Swiss alps . Oh by the way the big yellow bus is called SpongeBob (SquarePants )!
    Getting out of Chile takes an hour, thirty minutes to Argentina and one hour customs and no investigation of baggage! There’s a great view of Lanin volcano covered in snow.
    Now over the Andes we’re in a central plain covered by monkey puzzle trees again and flanked by snow capped peaks. We descend to upland grassland and warmer temps!
    We take Lunch on the run, food shopping on the journey and head to camp at Bariloche - it’s near town and we’re there for three nights. We’re down then up and we’re in their Lake District but it’s much larger , greener , wetter then drier.
    The camp is out of town - it’s cold and could get colder and wetter and windy ! Could be an interesting night !
    Meer informatie