Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 22

    21 W walk 2 - Going East !

    27 november 2023, Chile ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    A good night’s sleep we awake to a great view of the towers before heading east !
    It’s a slow start and we head back on the trail but this time with backpacks ! It’s a blue sky day and it’s warm again !
    They say this walk to the French station is easy and flat and it is but … there is a false ending the Cuernos station which is still 3 km from the final camp station and a fair bit is up hill !
    Most of the day we skirt the lake going up and down and never really get to h too close to it . The views up are of the rear of mountain which is partly occluded but now again the glacier appears . To the left are views of the azure blue lake. It’s a very pleasant hike , with lots of green vegetation . Now and again huge erratics pepper the landscape and provide photo stops .
    Lago Nordenskjold is a very big lake !
    Lunch on top of a ledge overlooking the lake, I am surrounded by small birds and an odd hawk waiting for scraps- it feels like velociraptors circling its prey from Jurassic Park.
    A light time beer with a group of Indians reveals that they were guested by two pumas early this morning- his video from
    The safety of the tent is quite a sight ! An American walker with a big lens shows us his snap of the beasts !
    The last leg feels much more than 2 km and it feels all up hill !
    We check in , another meal is prepared and we’re done !
    Tomorrow the is changing we’re going to get some rain and 40 km winds -oh joy ! The walk is longer but we may be able to leave our backpacks for part of it !
    It’s early to bed for a 5am , beat the weather start we hope ! Tonight’s its tents on stilts in the trees - padded floor though!
    Läs mer