Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 21

    20 W walk 1 - Torres del Paine

    26 November 2023, Cabai ⋅ ⛅ 6 °C

    After a good night in town, we’re back in our luxurious cabin and tomorrow we’re doing a similar climb to El Chalten ! Again ? Hope it’s easier !
    We start at 6am and it’s an hours drive and we are dropped off near the east end of the W trek ! We’re doing Torres del Paine !
    It’s a10km up and it’s a stiff climb up but easier than before !
    We hike in groups and it’s up and down and up and down !
    I pass a couple and I suddenly realise there are legs hanging out of their backpack ! And she’d had a pair of legs hanging out too ! They are hiking up here with their kids ! At the mid way point we spy a big bird in the sky ! It’s a condor !
    I have a quiet day on my own and walk at my own pace and get up there to discover a beautiful blue lake and the towers above me ! It’s fantastic and there is no wind on the shadow ! A fantastic view of the towers standing above the lake , grey with a hint of amber - they sort of glow when the sun catches them in the evening!
    We started at 830 and we finished about 430 ! Time for beer to wait for the others .
    A great day !
    After the group gets together after beers we head off to the red roofed old estate farmhouse which is our hostel !
    Food beer and wine!
    The weather has been fantastic - blue and not too windy !
    Baca selengkapnya