Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Hardest day so far

    July 28, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    The plan today is to do two activities, one in the morning, one in the afternoon, split by lunch as we don't want to miss the all inclusive delicious lunch. After a bit searching, we found that one of the best snorkling spots-Camira is only 1km away from our hotel. So we decided to have snorkling in the morning and an adventure in Teide in the afternoon. We parked our car 30 meters away from the coast, put on our goggles and jumpes into the sea. The temperature of the sea is just right for swimmimg. There were so many fish swimming on the sea bed-mainly white stone, which created a contrast to make the fish look clearer. I cannot name all the fish with different size and colour, but it was a truly amazing 1 and half hour.
    After lunch, we drove one hour north to the highest mountain in Spain - Teide. The villages on the mountain were very small and didnt have many houses or people. The road had lots of bends and at the beginning, our car struggled to get up the hill. We stopped at a few places before going to Teide - one was Mirador de Juan Evora, there was a small museum recording ancient human habitant there, we went for a small walk along the board between lava front which is all blach and original grey rocks. The klack lava field was vast and lifeless, wondered maybe due to no water or could not contain any water at all. Another place we stopped was called La Ruleta Vista Point (the scene could also be viewed from Llano de Ucanca Vista Pointwhich we missed due to lost GPS signal), Sendero Roques de García was the remaining rocks after colliding with the rocks opposite (therefore caused volcano eruption and formation of Teide). There was lots of solidified lava looks like rusty metal colour which had travelled a very long way from the volcano - at least several kilometres. the last stop was Sendero de Montaña Blanca- the mountain remain after volcano erruption. the rock in Sendero de Montaña Blanca was golden brown collored, contested to black rocks pour down from Teide. It was windless and hot Summer day, making the journey a challenge one, but the beauty and spectacular mountain Teide definitely worth it.
    Read more