Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Loro park, here we come

    July 30, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    This is Leon's favourite place to visit.
    Park park , here we come again!
    Leon would like to revisit the Park (maybe due to it being one of the best tourist attactions, but we didn't keep many memories as our camera caught all the pictures were stollen last visit). It was a decision made instantly, so we booked the ticket at 11:00 am and started our trip close to 12:00am. We arrived there by car just past 1:00pm, but struggled to find a parking space as the Lara Park parking was full already. So we have to drive round the Park and eventually parked in Lidle, it eas one km away from the Park so 15min walk to get there.

    Once arrived we tried to overview the ongoing activities. We just missed the Sea lion show, so wondered around in Penguin house, two species of penguins were hosted there small penguin and giant antarctic penguin. The giant penguin has orange colour beak, blank and yellow head, standing upright in group most of the time. Inside the house the light was dim to minic the long night of antarctic climax. We then headed to Laro show next. The Laro house had about 200 seats, the ceiling were decorated with huge screen projected with plant and blue sky making me think it was an open space theate. Laro are incredible inteligent creatures, they have same number of neurons as chimpanzee. Different kind of Laro were displayed in the house including Bago-wearing a colourful feathers, all black laro, white laro from Inndonesia. Laros performed different games on stage such as matching the colours, figure out gigsaus, repeating what the trainers are saying. They flyed inside of the house just above tourists' head. with the guidance of trainers.
    We went to dolphin show next. No need to mention dolphin are incredible mammal like humans. They interact with the trainers and coordinate all the aerobic performance to the perfection. They performed jump the roop, swimming with the trainer, push the trainer 4 meters above the air. The most impressive performance for us was two dolphins dancing with two trainners-a walze in water.

    The next show was Orca ocean. The Orce ocean has largest pool perhaps 4 times bigger than dolphin pool. There were three to four beautiful tiger whales living there. Though their side are big, but they can do amazing movement such as jump up to the stage, flipping backword. While we were recording the show, a naughty while turn his back towards us and made a huge splash, we were completely socked. It was great to be chilled down with salty sea water in a hot day like today. Thank you Figure whale.

    We also visited wild life embassyder which showed how the researches research the animals and how staff feed and care the young and volenable animals.
    Read more