Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Finishing off 54-64-38

    February 21 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    So today we cleared the three units nearest to us; these are the three units that I thought it would take us the whole 2 weeks to finish! And we did it in just 4 days! Yay us!

    We arrived at the units at 10:30 and were ready for a drop off by 11:30 so we drove to our fancy thrift shop and emptied the boot. We were right by a lovely brewery that mum had been to with grandma Anne, so we stopped there for a beer and it just so happened that they served hot dogs! So we got ourselves a little something to eat and then headed back to the storage spaces.

    Within an hour we had filled the car and cleared every single space of crap that needed donating. 14:30 was the time when we finished sorting out the three units and I was just flabbergasted that we had done so much work so fast.

    We spent the rest of the day trying to find a spot that would take curtains, and we were recommended a women's shelter donation centre called 'WINGS'. it's on our way to evanston so we will drop off the stuff on Friday afternoon on our way down to grandpa and Margaret.

    We ended the day with a tuna tomatoes sauce made by yours truly and are now relaxing and enjoying the rest of our evening.

    Tomorrow we will tackle the two spaces in downers grove, which are absolutely filthy and where most of the stuff will probably go straight to goodwill cause it's useless crap 🙃🙃.

    Love,
    H & H
    Read more