Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Running from the rain

    June 19, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    I still wonder how come we need to go with jackets provided that a couple of days ago we could not walk due to the heat. Anyway, let’s start from the beginning…
    The sun was kind to greet our Casa Pichi this morning to help us dry our laundry from two days ago, but we knew that todays forecast was grim. We had a slow morning packing and tidying up. Once we checked out, the house owner invited us to her home, introducing to her two cute dogs and hen gang (it is thanks to their eggs we got a nice welcome treat in a shape of a yoghurt sponge cake). Very kind! She was also kind to warn us about Sunday peaks in some restaurants and gave us some good tips on where (and where not) to eat some traditional food. So we called to make a reservation and hit the road towards the restaurant. After a good 4 course menú del día and some playground time, we were more than ready to start the day. On the map there were two stunning nature places: Acantilados del infierno and Bufones de Pria. We were ready but also a bit hesitant especially when we saw a thick could hanging above us and some rain was about to discourage us. But as we did buy some umbrellas and we were ready to use them in case!
    Both places were gems of wilderness and both us and the kids loved the strong wind, watching the splashing waves and finally racing with them in the Playa de Guadamia. And who would guess, we never got the rain!!
    We finished the day in Cangas de Onís at an apartment with a swimming pool in the yard and although it was past 7pm, probably not more than 20 degrees and cloudy, our kids were determined to have a swim. So they did in David’s company, to end the day with a water blast 💥
    Read more