Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Bufones de Pria, beach, Pool

    June 21, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    It seems that the bad weather has contributed to our mood and ambitions of how much we wish to see. After the checkout at Cangas de Onis, we decided to give it another try to Bufones de Pria at high tide to see if the water would be splashing this time. As the morning was not stormy the water fountains were barely seen, but it was still exciting for the kids. Alisa was less keen to see it as she seemed to be a little afraid. But we were lucky that there were some cows in the area so she got entertained. And then the farmer came to feed the cows and he showed a 2 days old calf, very special treat for Alisa.
    After this, we went to explore another wild beach ‘Playa de Cue’. It was very nice as we, parents, could enjoy watching the powerful waves while the kids had to their pond to play. The only downside was the temperature of 18 degrees, so the parents did not dare splashing there with the kids…

    We got hungry and were planing to eat in the village of the beach but we were not so convinced that with the offer (which looked like smelly bars, not suitable for the kids), so we hit the road to Llanes. After 2 rounds around the city trying to park the car, unsuccessfully, we hit the road again to find ourselves in a small villa with a fantastic restaurant ‘Casa Poli’ where we ate very well in a roustique kind of place, served kind waiters.

    There was no more programme for the day except for arrival at our ‘fancy’ hotel Jardines Villaverde, in a village that seemed not to have any life, but having a 3 star Michelin star restaurant next to our hotel. We managed to resist the temptation to try their menu of over 200 euros per person without drinks.
    We ended the day with a dip in the pool, some cartoons and an improvised sandwich dinner where Elijas for a generous monetary offer tried eating cucumber, then bell pepper, then a mandarin, without any success nor win.. but we call it a victory for us as he dared to lick all three things 🥳
    Read more