Satellite
  • Day 345

    Quito H3 Trail #1

    December 11, 2021 in Ecuador ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    A New Hash is Born. For the second week in a row in South America, a new hash club has begun (last week it was the Asuncion H3 in Paraguay), this week in Quito, Ecuador. We had 25 hashers at the start, and the pack grew to 29 by the time we all reached the end. After the customary chalk talk, and introductions, the pack set off on an elevation challenged trail, peaking at 9852 feet.

    It had rained in the early morning hours, which gave the trail that extra muddy feeling, and we splashed our way along. Reaching the Runner (8 Km) / walker (6 Km) split, the pack bisected and continued on. As all things that go up, they must also come down. So did the pack, eventually reaching the On-In where copious amounts of cold beverages awaited the thirsty pack.

    The circle was overwhelmed by first time hashers here in Ecuador, but they all seemed enthusiastic to come back out for another go round. Almost the entire pack joined us at the apres for food, beer, and socializing. Wishing much success to the future of Quito H3, and thanks for letting me hare your first (rebirth) trail.

    If you want to fly the trail with the runners, see it here . . . https://www.relive.cc/view/vPv4ympyM3O
    Read more